We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including name, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, mailing address, email address, capital available to invest and time frame for investment purposes);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering on our website including or subscribing to newsletters and email notifications (including name, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, mailing address, email address, capital available to invest and time frame for investment purposes); and
- any other information that you choose to send to us
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you return to the website so that you do not have to re-register your personal details again; and
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one. However, if you set up your browser to reject the cookie, you may still use the Website.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- send your personal information to companies listed on the website which you have specifically requested information from;
- send to you by email our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to the companies listed on our site and third parties that we think may be of interest to you. You can unsubscribe at any time if you no longer require marketing communications;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- We will never provide or sell your personal information to any third parties.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
International data transfers
Information that you provide may be transferred to countries which may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Click here to see how we’ve updated our policy to meet GDPR.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.